I finished the chapter today and there were a couple things that jumped out at me.
1-As Abinadi was preaching and teaching the 10 commandments, which the priests of Noah were not keeping, he really focused on "keep the Sabbath day holy." I think I forget sometimes this is one of the first 10 commandments the Lord has given us. It is right up there (and was given before) thou shalt not kill. Yet it is one that so many people struggle with (myself included).
2- I love how he gives the 10 commandments, and says that it is important to keep these, as well as the Law of Moses at the time, but that these laws were given because the people had to have a law because of their stiffneckedness, to continually remind them of their duty to God and to show they were dedicated to the Lord, but these are the lesser law even, and they shall pass away, because even after all we can do, ultimately we are only saved through the atonement of Jesus Christ. We can't just live the law and expect to be saved. We must come unto Christ, we must accept his atonement in our lives and apply it. We must know him, not just the law.
A.C.T. This coming Sunday, I want to really take the time to make it a "Hallowed" day in our home, not just a day of "rest and laziness" but a "hallowed day unto the Lord" It is really a day to be grateful for the other 6 days in which God spent so much time creating and blessing us with everything we have in this beautiful world. (Make small obtainable goals....see my last posting) So this Sunday I will spend an hour in my scriptures, or possibly a Conference Talk, that afternoon- feasting on the words.
RETURN AND REPORT: That is not as easy to do as it sounds. I did take some time that Sunday to feast, however I found as I did, I kept falling asleep. John and I both decided that part of what keeps us from doing better at our scripture study and personal "feasting" time, is the fact that life is so busy and we are so tired, when we get a minute to sit down, we fall asleep. WE are going to try to get to bed earlier so that does not become an issue. I will need to continually work on Sunday's in our home and not just sleeping them away, but using them to serve, and focus on the Lord.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment