Missionary work is interesting. There are so many ways we can go about it. I have been blessed to be a ward missionary for three almost four years now. But I don't think I fullfill my calling in the "traditional way." When John called me, I really cried. I was not excited for this callling, I hated the idea that I had to "convince" people of the gospel. I love this gospel, and feel that it is the true gospel and doctrine on the Earth today. That doesn't me we have a corner on righteousness however, or even goodness. There are so many good people that are not members of our church, who are very righteous, love the Lord and the Savior, and teach me things everyday about how to be a good person. What our gospel offers more than these others, is three fold. 1) We have the true priesthood, restored to the Earth, so we can carry out the ordinances that are required for us to do here on Earth. 2) We have the plan of salvation- that answers a lot of questions that other churches don't understand and gives r hymn and reason to the whole reason we are here. 3) We have a latter day prophet to give us continued revelation in these the Latter Days. So we have commandments that apply to us. 4) We have the Book of Mormon, which gives us just a little bit of an edge in understanding the truths already contained in the Bible. It just adds to our knowledge of the Savior.
As a member of this church, like I said I don't claim to have a corner on the market of goodness- but this gospel does offer some very wonderful things that are not found in other churches.
As a ward missionary, I decided to do my calling a little differently, an dusing the talents that God has given me, instead of going door to door, or challenging people one on one, I have found that the Lord wants me to organize and facilitate opportunities for members and nonmembers to meet and work together so that we can learn from each other, and share what we have. The members, and myself, then can share their testimony and light through their interactions, and as people come to know us better, they desire that light and happiness as well. I haven't written much the past two weeks, simply because I have been in the middle of organizing one of these such events. We are doing a community play- Peter Pan! I think it is going to be a wonderful experience for everyone involved!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment