Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pres. Monson's Conference Address

I listened to President Monson's conference address this morning for my scripture time.  (see previous ACT) I love the fact that we have a prophet here on the earth that can speak such words of comfort to all who listen.  His conference talk addressed the question that Job asked, If a man die, shall he live again?  I thiought this was a beautiful talk on death actually.  I found myself hoping that I would not ever have to use it, but at the same time, Pres. Monson assured us that death is our universal heritage.  It comes to all.  young and old.  It is a necessary step we must all take to return to our father in heaven.  Yet Pres. Monson takes this bleak topic of death and uses it to testify of the Savior, of his life, his example and his atonement for us.  He speaks specifically of his resurrection that allows us to answer Job's question in the affirmative. I haven't had anyone close to me die for a while (Like I said I hope I don't have to use that application of this talk for a while) but I found other things that I wanted to pull from the talk and focus on in my own life.  I found the spirit touched my heart when he talked about to understand the purpose of death, we must understand first the purpose of life. He said we are here to gain a physical body, overcome trials, and show that we can be obedient in all thing Heavenly Father asks of us. He then shared about the Saviors life and how he put forth an example of how we should live life.  I thought again it was interesting, the phrase that jumped out at me was the scripture he quoted talking about the Savior, how he "went about doing good."  I found myself pricked again, and being called to action, like I was this weekend.  I need to focus on going about doing good.  Don't worry about the end, or how things "might" turn out.  Find purpose in life for today (Enjoy the Journey) and help others on the way. I found myself as i was writing this, reminded of a primary song called "He sent His Son."  The phrase that is going through my mind goes like this:
What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
Again, the need to serve more, and to have faith and hope and ultimately to live like his son.  I can work on all of those to do them better.  The other thought I was struck with was my own testimony of the resurrection.  I kind of wrote my testimony of that as I wrote the Easter Journey.  What a powerful witness i was given as I pulled that together.  He truly has Risen.  .

No comments:

Post a Comment