Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mosiah 14

Abinadi is quoting the words of Isaiah, as he speaks of the Savior and His mortal ministry on Earth.  I was moved by this passage, especially since my pondering lately about goals keeps bringing to mind the line from a song- "to be like thee."  I have silently set this as my ultimate goal and every goal and priority in my life, should help lead me towards this particular goal. I found this passage reflected many of the attributes of our Savior, that I personally need to work on. 
1- "When we see him there is not beauty that we should desire" vs 2- The Lord did not care what other's thought.  He was not vain, and he was not competitive or concerned with how he appeared unto others. He simply was here not for himself, but to serve others and to serve the Lord.  Elder Oaks talk at Women's Conference related to this idea, when he spoke about how we should not let our "selfish" concern about our own inadequacies stop us from just doing what the Lord asks.  Instead of worrying what other people might think or do, we need to follow the spirit and let the Lords light shine through us.
2- "A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief" vs. 3- He had just as many (more) trials than I ever had, who am I to feel sorry for myself.  Vs. 7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth"- and he NEVER complained or said not fair, he knew and submitted himself to God's plan.  I can and should do this more often- not complain when things are tough or hard, but just trust and know that God is aware.
3- Vs. 4 " Surely he has borne our grief, and carried our sorrows, yet we did esteem him stricken smitten of God and afflicted" Christ in serving, did what ever the Lord asks, He did not seek the praise and esteem of men.
4- The word that jumped out at me through the whole chapter was HUMBLE! Christ knew his mission, had distinct priorities, and put aside all selfish desires to Serve God and his fellow men. These are all things that I have been pondering lately- I need to recognize what my mission is, set goals and priorities in line with that, and then be humble enough to put aside all selfish desires and just serve God.
A.C.T. Focus again today on really understanding what MY mission is, and seeing if my desires are in line with Gods. I think this will be a harder one today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment