Friday, May 4, 2012

King Benjamin

The last few weeks I have been feeling like I got bitten by the "grouchy bug." I just feel so grumpy all the time, and angry.  Not sure exactly at what, but the smallest thing seems to set me off and I have been way more critical and snappy than I like to be with John and with my kids.  Even with my friends.  I think I have a little devil that has attached himself to my shoulder and I can't seem to shake him loose.  Satan really seems to be working on me....That is why I decided to start in King Benjamin this morning for my Book of Mormon reading.  He speaks a lot about relationships, peace and charity. I feel I need more peace in my relationships and the only way to accomplish that is through charity and putting off the natural man.  I think part of it may be that Satan didn't have to worry about me because I had such little self discipline and concern for my self that he knew I wasn't a concern or that he already had me, But as I am working on my self discipline with my food and physical appearance, and health, he has to find a new avenue to catch me in.  He has decided that my emotions now are my weak point- Lack of sleep doesn't help either.
Mosiah 3
 "For the Lord hath heard thy prayers, and hath judged of thy arighteousness, and hath sent me to declare unto thee that thou mayest rejoice; and that thou mayest declare unto thy people, that they may also be filled with joy."
 Joy comes because of righteousness AND the atonement! We can have joy because we have hope.  That hope comes through the atonement, we are not cut off when we make a mistake, but have hope that we can overcome it.

"For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the Holy fSpirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchild, ksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."


This is exactly the scripture I needed to read.  I feel very much like the natural man (woman) in me is surfacing and I have not been a "saint" lately.  But he gives counsel in this scripture on how to overcome-
1) Yield to the enticing of the spirit- I feel those promptings, I just need to make sure I act on them.
2) Through the atonement- I need to repent constantly, and that is the joy and hope I can find.
3) Become as a child- submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things.  These are all the things I seem to be struggling in.

ACT:  I will work on this list of "becoming like a child" by listening to the enticings of the spirit so they can help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment