Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day One
I Nephi.....

So Last time I did this, I felt prompted to write a letter to my "goodly" parents saying thank you for their example and just everything they had done for me.  I felt very blessed to have been born of goodly parents, like Nephi, that had taught me the gospel, and had desired for so much happiness to come to me.
This year as I read, I was impressed by Nephi's gratitude and his desire to write everything down. Because he had been blessed with a great knowledge of the goodness and mysteries of God, he wanted to share them, for others to read, so their testomony in turn would grow.

"having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a frecord of my proceedings in my days."

I feel like Nephi, that I have also been highly favored of the Lord in all my days. I was born into the church, I understand the plan of happiness, and redemption. I have seen the lords hand in my life, continurally.  But Like Nephi I have my share of trials too,(from other people, nature, and spiritual stugglings), all of which come because we live in a fallen world, a spiritual wilderness if you will.  But it is through Nephi's record that we see how he overcame the natural man to became a prophet of God.  What if he hadn't written things down because he was too busy, or too lazy.  I decided that I need to write down my journey into the wilderness. A spiritual wilderness at times.  Elder Bednar, and Sister Richards both shared at the temple ground breaking, that as the temple grows we should be growing spiritually also. So this is my measuring stick, my iron rod, and my record.

A.C.T.  Record my impressions and testimony as I read the Book of Mormon this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment